Quality New Zealand Pine Timber Product Manufacturers and Exporters
McAlpines is one of the largest privately owned saw milling, timber and building materials groups in New Zealand. We produce quality solid timber products for both the domestic and international markets. Since 1954, the McAlpines name has been synonymous with quality, service and reliability in the timber industry.
Renewable resource – It’s in our nature
Recognising the diminishing supply of hardwood timber, the McAlpines group processes only New Zealand Radiata Pine logs which is a plantation-grown, renewable softwood resource. Radiata Pine, originally a native of California, thrives in New Zealand soils and climatic conditions. With large areas of suitable land and the development of unique forest management techniques, New Zealand is set to lead the world in the supply of quality softwood timber.
Our Product Standards
- Logs sourced from higher density, renewable pine forests.
- 100% FSC® certified for Chain of Custody, from purchase of logs through to processing and sales
- All structural timber products are graded using modern acoustic “A” grader
- Licensed producer under the Verified Timber programme
- NZ Preservation Council “Woodmark” guarantee on treated timber